The Land Act of 1820 marked the transition between federally owned land and publicly owned land. The first purchase of this land was made in March of 1826 under the authorization of President John Quincy Adams. The preliminary plot approval provisions to form a subdivision were made by the Tallahassee-Leon County Planning Board on November 19, 1981. In 1983, the Villas of Westridge Homeowners Association, Inc. was incorporated. The subdivision was developed by Century Construction Corporation. The Association dues have remained unchanged for over 15 years.
Sandpiper Street in 1954
Original Sketch of Land for Villas of Westridge in 1983